IRA Charitable Rollover
Here is a tax-smart way to make an impact to Partners In Health using your traditional or Roth IRA. The IRA charitable rollover (also called the Qualified Charitable Distribution, or QCD) is a great way to make a tax-free gift to Partners In Health and satisfy your Required Minimum Distribution (RMD). If you are not required to take an RMD but no longer itemize your deductions, then a QCD may be right for you as well.
How Do I Qualify?
The IRA charitable rollover (QCD) offers multiple benefits for making gifts from your traditional or Roth IRA.
- You must be 70 ½ years or older at the time of the gift
- Gifts must go directly from your IRA to Partners In Health
- Gifts must come from a traditional IRA or Roth IRA
Benefits of an IRA Charitable Rollover Gift
If you don’t itemize deductions and are not yet required to take your RMD, a QCD offers all of the benefits of an itemized income tax charitable deduction
- If you are age 72 or older and must take your RMD, a QCD can satisfy your RMD without increasing your income taxes
- You may direct your gift to a program or area of your choice
- It is a wonderful way to create an immediate impact on Partners In Health
How can I make an IRA Charitable Rollover?
Contact your IRA administrator for their QCD distribution form and information on the procedure to make such a gift.
For more information on this gift or any other of our gift planning options, please contact:
Director of Gift Planning