Here is a tax-smart way to make an impact to Partners In Health using your traditional or Roth IRA. The Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD) is a great way to make a tax-free gift to Partners In Health and satisfy your Required Minimum Distribution (RMD). If you are not required to take an RMD but no longer itemize your deductions, then a QCD may be right for you as well.
How Do I Qualify?
A Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD) offers multiple benefits for making gifts from your traditional or Roth IRA.
- You must be 70 ½ years or older at the time of the gift
- Gifts must go directly from your IRA to Partners In Health
- Gifts must come from a traditional IRA or Roth IRA
What are the benefits of a QCD gift?
If you don’t itemize deductions and are not yet required to take your RMD, a QCD offers all of the benefits of an itemized income tax charitable deduction.
- If you are age 72 or older and must take your RMD, a QCD can satisfy your RMD without increasing your income taxes
- You may direct your gift to a program or area of your choice
- It is a wonderful way to create an immediate impact on Partners In Health
How can I make a QCD?
Use our online tool today to create a QCD. It only takes a couple of minutes to complete. You can also print out the forms you need, and complete your gift offline. This tool works with all major IRA custodians.
For more information on this gift or any other of our gift planning options, please contact:
Director of Gift Planning
“We really want to do something to help the most vulnerable people get a break.
I don’t need this money. I don’t need to pay taxes on it. Why not use the distribution for philanthropy?”
– Anonymous PIH supporter